- Family Law 100%
- Custody & Visitation
- Child Support
- Father’s Rights/Legitimation
Megan Wallin is a native of Montgomery, Alabama, and attended the University of Alabama where she received her Bachelor of Arts in English and was a member of the International Honors Program.
Megan earned her law degree from Mercer University's Walter F. George School of Law with a Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research, and Drafting. After law school, Megan worked at a family law firm in Atlanta until joining Laura Thompson in Newnan, Georgia. During her previous employment, she co-authored an article on Social Security Disability and worked on several Georgia Court of Appeals Briefs.
Megan practices primarily in the area of Family Law, handling divorces, child custody matters, legitimations, modifications and contempt actions. In addition to divorces, Megan also specializes in stepparent, relative, third party, and adult adoptions.
Megan can also handle transactional matters such as the division of assets incident to a divorce, which include Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO) for 401(k)s and pension plans, or contracts such as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Megan is a member in good standing with the State Bar of Georgia, and is a member of the American Bar Association, and the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia.
Megan lives in Newnan, Georgia with her son.
Current Employment Position
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research and Drafting
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- B.A. - 2008
- Honors: International Honors Program
- Major: English
- Georgia Court of Appeals, 2013
- Georgia, 2012
- 2012 Georgia Family Law Written Materials
- Advanced Legal Writing Program Certificate, 2012
- Shewmaker & Shewmaker, LLC, Attorney, 2012 to 2015
- Shewmaker & Shewmaker, LLC, Legal Intern, 2010 to 2012
- Christopher N. Smith, LLC, Legal Intern, 2010
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2012 to Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Young Lawyers Division, 2012 to Present
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section Sub-Committee
- Newnan Coweta Bar Association, Former President